Medora is a premium pointe shoe made on a classical last. The durable, unbreakable non-plastic shank minimizes break in and prolongs the lifespan of the shoe making it perfect for dancers of any level, including professionals. A reinforced, machine-stitched recycled leather sole with non-slip surface, longer wings and a pre-arched construction provide excellent balance, support and stability for greater contact with the floor. Lightweight construction with a protective pad inside the platform and exclusive noise absorption technology in the platform and pleats due to the innovative direct stitching method, Medora is recommended for dancers with a low to medium arch and features a side tie drawstring which elongates the vamp to enhance the shape of the arch.
- Box Shape: Slightly tapered, flat
- Platform: Larger platform, moderately wide
- Vamp: U-shaped, medium length
- Shanks: Available in Soft (S) and Medium (M), which are more flexible due to its length, Hard (H), a full-length shank recommended for dancers with strong feet and Double Hard (HH), a reinforced full-length shank.
- Drawstring: Elastic
- Suggested Fitting: Typically, 2 ½ sizes smaller than US street shoe size
Created for professionals, yet highly suitable for dancers of all levels.